Friday, September 3, 2010

Assignment One

My name is Emma Randall.  I am currently a junior at Lock Haven University studying Sport Administration.  I love my major because it will allow me to pursue my passion for sport long after my athletic career ends.   Since third grade I have been chasing the Olympic dream in women's wrestling.  I compete across the nation for Lock Haven against some of the best competitors in the world.  After graduation from LHU, I want to coach women's wrestling on the collegiate level.  As a head coach, I hope to use the experiences and knowledge I have gained throughout my career to allow others to reach their dreams and goals both in athletics and academics.
I have little experience when it comes to technology.  Many of the projects listed on our syllabus, I have no idea what they even are.  This being said however, I am capable of learning new things and I am excited to test my skills in this class.  Thankfully, I am comfortable around technology.  Although I may not be able to do something the first time, I am a fast learner. 
I am glad this course is a blend of face to face and online class.  I would not have taken this class if it had been strictly online.  I have had two blended classes of both online and face to face class time. I have had one both fall semesters previous (Sociology and Honors Nutrition). I do not like online classes because I need to be able to talk to my professor regularly if I am struggling with a concept.  Also, I feel online classes are harder because there is no set period of time to do the work.  It is a good thing that the work can be done anytime you want to do it, but what if you don't want to do it?  Choosing when and how you want to do your work is both the best and the worst part of online classes. 

         

No comments:

Post a Comment